Just like more and more people I am currently in isolation (lockdown) due to Covid-19, and as this will become reality for more and more people I thought I would share with you some ideas of how not to loss your mind, or even string your kids up and suspend them from the ceiling.
Yep, this is going to be a challenging time for all of us mere mortals, so what can we do to maintain our sanity in this rapidly changing world?
These are some of my suggestions, feel free to add some of your constructive ideas in the comments section below.
- Take time to meditate.
- Write in your journal (Something you should all be doing anyway!)
- Laugh a lot (Watch a comedy show online).
- Paint or draw (We can all do it, even if it’s just doodles of stickmen etc)
- Depending on your countries level of lockdown, try and go for a walk every day.
- Exercise indoors (Put some music on and start moving).
- Think positive thoughts.
- Use the power of your imagination, travel to the other side of the galaxy maybe and see what’s there.
- Learn some magic tricks.
- Play cards
- Play a different type of game than you normal do on your games console.
- Learn to play an instrument
- Clean your house.
- Set some really big goals for 2021.
- Network with others of like-mind online.
- Watch some motivational youtube videos
- Expand your knowledge of things that interest by reading, studying etc.
These are some of my ideas for saving your sanity during this pandemic. Like I said in a previous post, do not live in fear of this virus, because fear and selfishness will kill much faster than any virus ever will.
Keep your hearts open, and a strong sense of humour as we will need both of these as we traverse this future together.
Keep strong, safe and together we will thrive long into the future.